On the 16th of February, the first Group Buying Website for Sint-Maarten and Saint-Martin, SXM-deal.com will go live. SXM-deal is based on the successful concept of Groupon in the United States.
Groupon has launched the concept of Group Buying power, that works like this:
- A business owner is offering a very aggressive deal
- Interested consumers need to reach a minimum numbers to enjoy the offering
- They request coupons online and spread the word using all social networking tools.
- If the minimum number of people is reached, the consumers will get a Coupon in their account
- The service is of course entirely free for consumers. The payment will take place at the business’ owner
SXM-deal is open to any kind of product. Every deal will be advertised during one week. The first deal will be a dinner at a highly discounted price at Valentino, in Simpson Bay.
“I am very excited about going live. The feedback we have received from consumers and business owners is very positive.” Anne Roos, co- founder.
“I wanted to give a chance to this new concept as I was impressed by the drive and dedication of Anne and Sultan. Therefore, I decided to offer a very interesting deal in my restaurant.” Riccardo Rossi, owner of Valentino.
SXM-deal is undergoing the final tests. It will go live on the 16th February 2011 at 9 AM.