MARIGOT:--- Residents and businesses alike on the French side of St. Martin should begin preparing for a general and unlimited strike which will commence on Thursday, April 11th, 2019.
The organizations that came together are SUD PTT GWA, FO, UNSA, FSU, SPEG, CGTG, UGTG, and the Soualiga United collective.
They have deposited a notice of the planned industrial action Wednesday, April 3rd calling for an unlimited strike in the territory of St. Martin.
This notice includes a long list of recipients: the Prefect of Guadeloupe, the Prefect Delegate to the islands of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin, the President of the Territorial Council of Saint-Martin, the President of CTOS, the Regional Director of La Poste , the Regional Director of Pôle Emploi, the Rector of the Academy of Guadeloupe, the Director of the EHPAD Bethany Home, the Director of the Louis-Constant Fleming Hospital, the Director of the Grand-Case Beach Club Hotel and the Director of the Mercure Hotel.
Their claims are diverse.
• "the immediate settlement of the ongoing conflict at COM and CTOS
• the immediate opening of the negotiations concerning the future of the residents, the staff and the construction of the medical and social center of the EHPAD
• the elimination of complicated and abusive procedures for the reconstruction of Saint Martin following hurricane Irma
• the matching of training and job needs on the territory
• the defense of the public service and the maintenance of all the post offices in full exercise
• the safety and standards of all schools in SaintMartin
• the provision of classrooms in schools to accommodate all students
• The end of co-intervention in colleges for lack of rooms
• the provision of a precise timetable for the reconstruction of Soualiga College
• the reconstruction of the vocational high school CDI for the next entry
• monitoring the reconstruction of schools by the COM
• monitoring the reconstruction of schools by the COM • the finalization of the work undertaken in schools • the reconstruction of the media library • the construction of sports equipment allowing all students to practice sports according to the regulations • the respect of the collective agreement of the hotels for the improvement of the working conditions • lower selling prices per m2 for land in the 50 geometric zone • No to expropriation.